AYURVEDA-HOPE FOR THALASSEMIA MANAGEMENT?
8TH MAY is celebrated as Thalassemia day world wide. Thalassemia, known as Mediterranean anemia or Cooley’s anemia is a genetic blood disease. People born with this disease cannot make normal hemoglobin (anemia), which is needed to produce healthy red blood cells, and so it is one of the most challenging forms of hematological disorders. Normally below said signs and symptoms are observed in early childhood and may include:
- Fatigue (feeling tired) and weakness
- Pale skin or jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
- Protruding abdomen with enlarged spleen and liver
- Protruding abdomen with enlarged and dark urine
- Abnormal facial bones and poor growth